One of the best features on our all-new ZOE XL2 BEST v2 is the super easy, compact fold! We receive a ton of questions about the fold, it's functionality, and of course some possible mistakes and issues that happen from time to time. Below you'll find a few common questions with our corresponding answers!
How do you fold and unfold the ZOE XL2 BEST v2?
- Reach under the two fabric flaps in the bottom of the seat that have a LOCK icon them.
- Place each hand into one of the straps beneath the fabric flaps.
- Pull up in a jerking motion to unlock the locking mechanisms and initiate the fold.
- If needed when new, squeeze the stroller together so the latch on the side of the stroller can connect with the pin also on the same side of the stroller and automatically lock into place. As you fold your stroller a few times, the fabric will begin to break-in and the stroller will begin to automatically lock.
- To unfold your stroller, simply pull outward on the end of the locking clip and then upwards and outwards on your handle bar until you hear an audible click.
- Ensure your XL2 is fully unfolded and locked into the unfolded position before using.
How do I fold my ZOE XL2 BEST v2 with one hand?
- Follow all of the instructions above with the exception of pulling up on one strap at a time in sequence.
- Make sure when you pull up on each folding strap that you hear an audible click which signifies that the corresponding side of the stroller has been unlocked.
My ZOE XL2 BEST v2 won't fold, gets stuck when folding, and/or one seat is higher than the other. What should I do?
We use very high-end fabrics on our strollers. They are very comfortable and non-rigid, but just like other high end materials, may take just a little bit of usage to fully break in. One of the improved features of the new XL2 BEST v2 is the deeper recline, but we also improved the incline position by replacing the actual recline mechanism behind the seat.
The new incline position stretches the fabric to it's limit when brand-new and when combined with the new recline mechanisms which are much stronger, the stroller seats are held very tightly in the fully inclined position which is great! The only downside of this is that the fold can feel just a little bit more rigid at first when the seats are fully inclined. This is NOT a big issue and not a defect in any way, it's actually purposeful.
If your stroller is very slightly reclined to fully reclined, you'll notice that it folds SUPER easy. So one solution at first is to barely recline your seats before folding until the fabric breaks-in. As you fold your stroller a few times, you will notice that the issue disappears and this is not needed. Sometimes, there's no issue to begin with, but it's just part of us having a super compact, fold in addition to very high-end fabrics.
One other way to break the fabric in quicker is fully incline both seats and fold your stroller until it locks. Leave it in this position as much as possible at first which will speed up the process of the fabric breaking in and stretching a little bit.
As mentioned, this is rarely even needed. We've shipped tens of thousands of XL2's and to date have less than 10 customers asking about this, but we wanted to document the instructions in case there are a few other customers that haven't reached out, but were wondering about the topic! 😉
To summarize, here's two solutions:
- Slightly recline eat seat before folding until your fabric breaks-in.
- Fully incline the seats, fold the stroller, and leave in the position when possible to speed up the breaking0in of your fabric.